Akademik

Chapel Street
   East out of Whitecross Street, at No. 38, to Milton Street (P.O. Direc-tory).
   First mention: Horwood, 1799.
   The western end is occupied by "Horshoe Alley" (q.v.), and the eastern end by "Cross Keys Court," Grub Street (q.v.) and "Half Moon Alley," in O. and M. 1677.
   So called after the City Chapel there (Lockie, 1810).

A Dictionary of London. . 1918.